Wednesday 2 June 2010

Hello!

So... I have a blog now, a spur of the moment decision to share some of my inane ramblings with the world. I'm Lisa and I have a son who is 13 months old and am currently nearly 19 weeks pregnant with baby number 2. I'm a babywearing mama and spend a lot of hours on For Sale or Trade boards looking at pretty slings and itching to buy more. I love crafting and have dabbled with a few different things including jewellry making, cross stitch, knitting (very bad at) and more recently crochet and cake making.

Today I have been asked to make my brother in laws wedding cake for the end of July and having now said yes and asked him to email me a few ideas I'm pretty scared that i will mess it up. I only started cake baking and decorating for my sons 1st birthday in April and have since made a further 3 cakes for neice and nephew birthdays. However the prospect of 4 tiers that quite a few people will see is just a bit daunting!

So other than my recent foray into cake baking I love to sew, have learnt to crochet fairly recently and really enjoy it. I'm currently making a babbette blanket with lots of different sized granny squares. I used to do a lot of cross stitching but havent picked it up in a long time now. Also in my work in progress pile is the dolls house I started a while ago now, at this stage it is still only decorated on the outside which is a huge achievement but I really need to get going on the inside. When finished it will be a fancy dress shop with the attic as a sewing room and 2 floors of miniature costume and changing rooms.

I think thats all for now, wonder if I will ever remember to update this again...

No comments:

Post a Comment